- Stock (inventory) is a measure of something on hand-goods, spares and other items in a business.
- It is called Stock in hand.
- In a trading concern, the stock on hand is the amount of goods which are lying unsold as at the end of an accounting period is called closing stock (ending inventory).
- In a manufacturing company, closing stock comprises raw materials, semi-finished goods and finished goods on hand on the closing date.
- Similarly, opening stock (beginning inventory) is the amount of stock at the beginning of the accounting period.
768 total views, 3 views today